Wednesday, December 1, 2010

Okay I got the galley edits done and sent those out. Did I say that already? And then I got the manuscript for novel two from my agent, check out her comments, and made changes that I thought worked. And now it's sent off to my editor. The question is, now what do I do? I mean fiction related. I have plenty of non-fiction work but I'm not sure it makes sense to start novel 3 in the series. I only have a two book deal. And it won't become a three, four, and five book deal unless sales are really good. And I won't know that for awhile. The first novel in the deal comes out March 29. And according to my agent, it will be many months before we know how sales were. So she's not sure when to ask about more books. Probably not for another year. Or more. It makes sense to be prepared, to have a novel ready if I get another contract. But what if I don't? I have ideas for novel 3 but I guess I'm not going to start writing it until I know for sure. Time to dust off other ideas.

On another note, I will be releasing the cover of my soon to be released novel in a week. It's also my birthday so I figured it would be a nice thing to do to celebrate the day.

1 comment:

Diane J Standiford said...

Thanks for this blog. I an an online published author, small papers and most recently a short in a book. My baby though is a book I have been working on for years. All the final "getting it published" is what keeps me up at night. Ugh. I am a little nobody writer and well, anyway, thanks, I need to read this stuff.